In today’s rapidly changing environment, health plans operating in silos or with dated legacy systems are struggling to keep up.
As competition increases and technology evolves, companies are searching for answers—should they purchase software applications individually or buy a suite or bundle? IT purchasing managers face difficult challenges as business needs grow, software solutions change, and heavily customized legacy systems exist. Having the ability to identify inefficiencies and streamline operations to boost productivity is vital. Finding solutions that can scale and grow with your organization is a game-changer.
Consolidating software applications into a bundle or software suite is a viable solution with multiple advantages. Here are some benefits worth considering:
- Ensure seamless integration of business processes between modules. For example, a single software suite that handles Compliance correspondence, ingestion, and response to Health Plan Management System (HPMS) Memos, and updates to Policies and Procedures (P&P), coordinates work easily and confirms all mandated updates are addressed will increase efficiencies and mitigate risk across your enterprise. Whereas integration of unrelated software is often messy and sometimes nearly impossible to accomplish.
- Reduce learning curves in new users with a consistent user interface in all modules.
- Provide access support across modules through a centralized web portal. A single point of contact for raising issues and suggesting or requesting enhancements.
- Deploy upgrades to several applications at once.
- Maintain backward compatibility smoothly.
- Purchase only what’s needed and add more modules later.
Organizations may choose to build software themselves or maintain and upgrade existing legacy systems. If a health plan chooses to build software, it can design requirements to its specifications, including levels of control and security, but the process takes time, needs extensive testing, and tends to recreate the functionality of all-ready existing stable and proven software.
Upgrading existing software takes advantage of sunken costs and investments, possibly making it cheaper to make enhancements. However, legacy software is often out-of-date, cumbersome, limited in capabilities, and sometimes no longer supported.
For health plans in search of a proven end-to-end solution, CODY offers a comprehensive suite of software modules that streamlines compliance-based operations—from obtaining and processing Plan Benefit Package (PBP) data, through document creation, review, printing and fulfillment of mandatory member communications. The modules proactively manage HPMS Memos, track and update Policies and Procedures, automate the Appeals and Grievances process, and reduce the risk of critical compliance communications with other related tools. Unlike any other product on the market, CodySoft® is custom-designed for Managed Care Organizations (MCOs).
Whether you’re a large national health plan or just starting up, we work hard to customize our solutions, empower your team, and deliver life-changing tools at a cost that makes sense.
About CODY: CODY works with more than 60 government-funded, commercial, and ACA health plans across 45 states and Puerto Rico. We help health plans maximize efficiencies and strategically integrate operations by streamlining marketing communications and improving regulatory compliance. Our proprietary suite of software, CodySoft®, is specifically designed for health plans. www.codyconsulting.com.